Our Volunteers, students from the University of Innsbruck, created a Volunteers' Guide to Innsbruck with recommendations from each area. If you would like to explore Innsbruck, you can find their preferred spots here:
Highlights from different categories to explore and enjoy
- Golden Roof & Old Town - Innsbruck’s most famous sight.
- Walks to Explore - Seven walks that lead you to sightseeing classics and insider tips. Explore Innsbruck by foot or on a city bike independently and on your own schedule.
- B1 Event Centre - Laser Tag, Escape Rooms, Carting, Minigolf, Bowling, Bar, Restaurant.
- Alpenzoo - The Alpenzoo is home to over 2000 animals (150 species) which are or have been typical for the Alps.
- Maria Theresien Street & Kaufhaus Tyrol Shopping Centre - Take a stroll, do a bit of shopping, sit at one of the many outdoor cafés, admire the magnificent Baroque architecture and savour the city panorama.
- Triumphal Arch - A Roman-inspired triumphal arch surrounded by modern city life.
- Eduard Wallnöfer Square - Modern architecture and popular skate/bmx spot.
- Bergisel Ski Jump - A great destination for anyone looking for a great view or a nice cup of coffee, as well as techies and architecture enthusiasts.
Leisure Activities Outdoors
- Up Stream Surfing - Surfing on the Inn via pulley system.
- Bathing Lake Rossau - Bathing lake with sunbathing lawns and sport courts.
Leisure Activities Indoors
- Flip Lab - Trampoline and freestyle park.
- Escape Rooms
Mountains & Nature
- Nordkette - The imposing mountain range north of the city offers a stunning view of Innsbruck and is easily accessible by cable car directly from the city.
- Patscherkofel - The local mountain on the south side of Innsbruck offers a wonderful view of the city and the Nordkette.
- Sill Gorge - The Sill Gorge (Sillschlucht) offers a refreshing refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city. Perfect for a walk and cooling off in summer.
- Alpine Huts - Innsbruck is the perfect place for hiking and offers many lovely alpine huts to visit and stop at on a rest day:
Culinary & Nightlife
- Machete – Burrito Kartell
- Bergisel Sky
- Glorious Bastards
- Victoria Sushi
- Green Flamingo
- Wilten Brunch & Bar
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Hitt und Söhne
- Kater Noster
- Liquid Diary
- 360 Grad Bar
- Wilten Brunch & Bar
- The Galway Bay Irish Pub
- Limerick Bill’s Irish Pub
- Zappa Music Bar
- Die Bögen (Aztec, Project, P.M.K., Tante Emma, Arche ahoi)
- Blue Chip