We are happy to announce that we are currently planning on having visitors at the Innsbruck 2022 FISU World University Championship Sport Climbing and are positive that we will be able to celebrate Sport Climbing with students and visitors alike.
The entry to all events/disciplines will be free of charge. The arena is filled on a first come - first serve basis. We recommened to come early, as we cannot guarantee visitors entry to the venue.
Depending on the Covid-situation and the measures in place at the time of the event, the number of visitors might be limited and rules for restricted access (vaccinated/recovered/tested) might apply. More information on the Covid-19-Measures for the event will be published in spring of 2022.
You can download the provisional program for the Innsbruck 2022 FISU World University Championship Sport Climbing here:
All competitions at the Innsbruck 2022 FISU World University Championship Sport Climbing take place at
During the event no parking lots are available at the venue. We therefore recommend using public transport when traveling in Innsbruck. There are multiple bus stops within walking distance of the climbing center. The bus lines "B", "T", and "R" among others have stops within a 10 minute walking distance. From the main station Innsbruck you can reach the climbing center by foot in about 20 minutes.
The Austrian Government eased/lifted almost all Covid-19 measures on March 5th, 2022.
Because the situation is constantly changing, we cannot yet give any detailed information about the Covid-19-Measures for the Innsbruck 2022 FISU World University Championship Sport Climbing. However, the current situation and the expected loosening of the measures, gives reason to believe that any proof of low epidemic risk (negative test/confirmation of recovery/vaccination) will not be needed for event.
- Keep minimum distance of 2 meters whenever possible: Group formations and gatherings of people are generally to be avoided.
- Hygiene and disinfection: In general, it is appealed to maintain hygiene standards at a high level. The disinfection of hands when entering and leaving the venue is required.
- Absence in case of illness symptoms: In case of illness symptoms regarding respiratory diseases it is mandatory to undergo a Sars-CoV-2-test before the event venue can be visited.
- Mouth and nose protection (FFP2-mask): the general obligation to wear masks in Austria will end in March. However, for special crowded areas of the event venue, masks (FFP2-masks) might be required.
- Reduce customary rituals: Hugging, shaking hands or similar rituals are to be avoided.
If you have any questions about visiting the event, please do not hesitate to contact us.